Form-A-Feed Announces Scholarships for Students Pursuing Agriculture
Form-A-Feed and the Nelson Family Companies are proud to present two $500 scholarships and one $1,000 scholarship to students interested in pursuing a 2 or 4 year degree to a college or university and pursuing agriculture.
Form-A-Feed’s mission is to feed the world through professionalism, quality products and innovative solutions. For over 40 years this company has operated under the following core values:
Family….first and foremost, we value the entity of family. Founded by the Nelson Family, we continue to instill a “Family First” value in all we do – from our personal families to our Form-A-Feed family – including customers, dealers, Nelson Family Companies, co-workers and vendors.
Professionalism…..we value the ethical, fair, hardworking, educated and responsive behaviors that embody professionalism.
Integrity….we value doing the right thing. Our employees are dependable, honest, trustworthy, genuine and consistent.
Innovation….we value being flexible, creative, unique and passionate about formulating new solutions that help feed the world.
Relationships….we value our employee’s dedication to the communities in which we live and work. We recognize that our company is built on a foundation of strong relationships.
Quality….we value the safety of our employees, customers and products. We continuously work to do our part to ensure a safe and high quality food supply for current and future generations.
In addition to the qualifications listed below, preference will be given to a student who displays the values listed above as well as a student who is pursuing a career in the Agricultural industry.
High School Qualifications:
1. Must obtain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 of higher.
2. Be accepted to a 2 or 4 year college or university.
3. Involvement in extra curricular activities is a plus!
Post High School Qualifications:
1. Must obtain a GPA of 3.0 or higher during your first semester of college.
2. Copy of first semester transcript & second semester enrollment must be mailed to:
Form-A-Feed Inc, Attn: Stephanie, PO Box 9, Stewart MN 55385
3. Scholarship check will be mailed after completion of first semester.
*If ALL post high school qualifications are not met the scholarship will not be awarded.
To apply for this scholarship, please submit answers to the following questions to Sarah Kuechle at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 20, 2017. Along with your answers, a letter of recommendation is preferred but not required. Only neatly typed applications will be accepted.
Please submit the following information along with your answers to the questions below:
- Current GPA
- Vocational school or college you will be attending
- Anticipated major/seeking a degree in
Please answer the following questions:
1. Please select at least one of our values – Family, Professionalism, Integrity, Innovation, Relationships or Quality – and describe what it means to you and how you live out this value in your day-to-day interactions with others. (Minimum 150 word answer.)
2. What organizations/groups have you been involved in throughout high school? Please describe your involvement in your community and your school. List the organizations you are a part of, positions you have held, volunteer experiences, etc. Examples: church, 4-H, FFA, athletics, etc.
3. What are your goals for the next 5 years? (Minimum 150 word answer.)
4. What has your involvement been in the agricultural community to date and how has it helped shape who you are? (Minimum 150 word answer.)