Stewart Lead Driver
The Stewart Lead Driver is expected to meet the qualifications as outlined below. This position is a vital part to the overall success of our organization as a manufacture of animal feed and nutrition products and services. This role is expected to support the company in our mission of “Serving the livestock production industry through innovative solutions, professional services and customer focus”.
You will be proud to work for a company with a strong family history in the animal feed industry and opportunities to grow personally and professionally. We are a company committed to family values, integrity, and innovation. In this position, you will be tasked with leading and assist with coordination delivery assignments, communicating these assignments with assistance from customer service personnel. Your goal will be to continue to meet the growing needs of our customers and Joint Venture partners. This role is located and based in Stewart, MN
In this role, you should be prepared to work in a fast paced, team centered environment that will challenge you and allow you to use your experience and expertise to develop the company and enhance your continued growth within the animal feed and nutrition industry.
Reporting: This position reports to the Stewart Fleet Supervisor
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary function is that of delivery driver for Form A Feed.
- Operate any delivery configuration used by the company as directed.
- Provide remote (telephonic) troubleshooting advice to other professional drivers for any delivery configurations used by the company.
- When the company is short loads, will consist of a minimum 8 scheduled hours per day as directed by Fleet Supervisor
- Primary new driver/employee trainer and evaluator.
- Assist in the communication efforts between drivers, production, loaders, and customer service personnel facilitating accurate, timely, and efficient fleet operations.
- Assist with fleet administration tasks as directed, to include electronic log books.
- Assist in authoring and training Fleet SOPs as required.
- Shag units on company property and to/from service locations as directed.
- Additional projects as directed by the Fleet Supervisor
- Valid Commercial Drivers License (CDL) and current DOT medical card
- Proven CDL driving experience
- 2 years of Supervisory experience leading others
- Demonstrated experience in Logistics or Fleet Management
- Customer Service experience
- Outstanding organizations skills
- Excellent communication skills in a team setting and one-on-one meetings
- Excellent phone etiquette skills
- Ability to develop and cultivate relationships
- On-farm and/or feed industry experience helpful
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software and demonstrated related computer skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding analytical skills and a strong customer service mindset
- Ability to encourage and motivate others
- Minimal travel required
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to succeed
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to bend, stretch, twist and/or reach with your arms and legs
- Ability to safely lift objects and/or products, up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to listen and understand instructions and information and communicating the same
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical equations
- Ability to interpret information and explain it’s meaning to others
- Transportation available, arriving to work timely for all scheduled shifts
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and co-workers