Production Supervisor- New Richmond, WI
The Production Support Supervisor is expected to meet the qualifications as outlined below. This position is a vital part to the overall success of our organization as a manufacture of animal feed and nutrition products and services. Position reports directly to the General Manager of the New Richmond location
You will be proud to work for a company with a strong family history in the animal feed industry and opportunities to grow personally and professionally. We are a company committed to family values, integrity, and innovation. The objective of this position is to direct and manage all plant operations with overall responsibilities for safety, production, maintenance, quality and other production-related activities.
In this role, you should be prepared to work in a fast paced, team centered environment that will challenge you and allow you to use your experience and expertise to develop the company and enhance your continued growth within the animal feed and nutrition industry.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize, and direct day-to-day operations to optimize use of available resources.
- Assist in production efficiencies and improvements
- Supervise all aspects of production and Production Workers
- Communicate job expectations, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Coaching, counseling, and disciplining of employees; enforcing policies and ensuring Standard Operation Procedures are followed
- Provides employee development through implementing and completion of job orientation and necessary training of employees
- Maintains workflow by monitoring steps in the process, monitoring employees and providing required feedback and/or concerns to the General Manager
- Communicate company strategy and strategic business objectives
- Lead and communicate with plant personnel guidance and necessary information to help achieve the organization’s overall strategic goals and objectives
- Organizes and completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel, establishing priorities, resolving problems and reporting results
- Monitor and maintain records and procedures necessary for regulatory and third-party verifications as it relates to FDA, EPA, OSHA and HACCP Certification
- Ensures operation of equipment and calling for repairs, evaluating new equipment and processes
- Responsible to monitor all maintenance and housekeeping needs of the facility to ensure plant, equipment and inventories are managed and maintained.
- Maintains quality Customer Service by enforcing organization standards
- Evaluate the overall success of production areas and make necessary requests and/or adjustments to enhance the plants efficiencies and overall effectiveness
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all equipment and maintaining compliance with established procedures and documentation of necessary activities
- Resolve employee issues and/or problems or seek assistance to do so
- Additional projects required or directed by the General Manager
- High school graduate, 2-4-year degree, or demonstrated experience in supervisory functions
- Experience in animal food production and/or manufacturing environment preferred
- Demonstrated experience in successfully leading and managing others
- Farm or livestock background preferred
- Communication skills with the ability to build relationships in a group and one-on-one settings
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team of employees and direct reports.
- Analytical skills with a strong customer service mindset
- Proficient computer skills.
- Strong team building, decision making and people management skills.
- Analysis of risk management with strong decision-making abilities
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to succeed; working well in a team environment
- High school graduate with demonstrated experience in supervisory functions
- Manufacturing or production plant experience preferred
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding analytical skills and strong problem-solving abilities
- Self-motivated, works well in a team environment
- Mechanical skills desired
- Working knowledge of supply chain and inventory management
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to bend, stretch, twist and/or reach with your arms and legs
- Ability to safely lift objects and/or products, up to 25-50 lbs.
- Ability to listen and understand instructions and information and communicating the same
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical equations
- Ability to understand complex data, formulations and information
- Ability to interpret complex information and explain it’s meaning to others
- Ability to understand business critical information and negotiate purchasing and pricing opportunities
- Ability to stay strong under pressure, evaluating large amounts of data
- Ability to think rationally and portray sound judgment
- Ability to drive a forklift and understand safety direction and give instructions
- Ability to handle a light dust environment and higher than average noise levels