Production Specialist (New Richmond)
The Feed Production Specialist is expected to meet the qualifications as outlined below. This position is vital to the overall success of our organization as a manufacture of Animal Food and Nutrition Products, specifically in developing and maintaining a strong culture quality feeds and premixes. As a Feed Production Specialist, you must have a strong work ethic with a desire to work in a faced pace environment that requires attention to detail, precise measurements, high quality control expectations and a desire to succeed. Observation of all quality and Standard Operating Procedures as outlined is essential. In this role, you will be expected to observe all company safety rules and safety procedures before and during work on any equipment used in the manufacturing of our products.
In this role, you are required to support the company in its mission of feeding the world through professionalism, quality products and innovative solutions. In this role, you will work under the direct supervision of the Shift Leader and Operations Manager. In addition, you will work in cooperation with existing staff, developing the best feed and nutrition program in the industry.
This position reports to the Shift Leader and Operations Manager
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete involvement in the feed mixing and feed processing to meet customer specifications and quality expectations.
- Fill micro bins, mixing and bagging of feed, as needed
- Operate forklifts for loading, mixing and warehouse inventory, as needed
- Maintain and monitor ingredient and finished feed inventory, participating in monthly inventory activities
- Meet production schedule guidelines as needed to fill feed orders
- Run and maintain the machines necessary to fill and complete customer feed orders
- Maintain the most efficient use of mixer and follow sequencing and flushing guidelines
- Follow all FDA (Food and Drug Administration) and Department of Agriculture regulations, both in the State of Minnesota and Federal guidelines
- Maintain and service processing equipment
- Communicate with maintenance personnel as necessary to avoid break downs
- Maintain a clean work area in areas such as offices, warehouse, receiving and processing areas in addition to the general property
- Assist customers as needed with product loading and unloading, if necessary
- Report to management or supervision when quality standards are low or not being met
- Maintain an attitude that consistently meets company expectations, following directions
- Maintain an image that supports professionalism and supports fellow employees and teamwork
- Ability to perform other duties as instructed by your supervisor, Plant Manager, or company management
Essential Job Functions:
These represent the minimum requirements to perform in the role of Feed Production.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to bend, stretch, twist and/or reach with your arms and legs
- Ability to listen and understand instructions and information and communicate the same
- Ability to read, write and perform basic mathematical equations
- Ability to exert force to lift, push, pull or carry objects up to the weight lifting requirements
- Ability to know your location in relation to the environment
- Ability to drive a forklift and understand safety directions and instructions
- Ability to use a computer and input data and information
- Ability to verbally communicate with others
- Ability to handle a light dust environment and average noise levels
- Ability to hear sounds that vary in pitch and loudness
- Understand and follow all safety procedures and understand safety protocols and recognize hazards