Production Specialist- 1st Shift
The Production Specialist is expected to meet the qualifications as outlined below. This position is a vital part to the overall success of our organization as a manufacture of animal feed and nutrition products and services. This role is expected to support the company in our mission of “Feeding the World through Professionalism, Quality Products and Innovative Solutions”.
You will be proud to work for a company with a strong family history in the animal feed industry and opportunities to grow personally and professionally. We are a company committed to family values, integrity, and innovation. The objective of this position is to prepare, process, load, distribute and mix feed products in an accurate and timely manner.
In this role you should be prepared to work in a fast paced, team centered environment, that will challenge you and allow you to use your experience and expertise to develop the company and enhance your continued growth within the animal feed and nutrition industry. This position will be located in our Stewart, MN facility.
This position reports to the Production Supervisor and indirectly to the Production Supervisor.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Feed Production – mixing and processing feed
- Mixing and bagging of product
- Loading and unloading of trucks
- Forklift operation
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures per FDA and Department of Agriculture regulations
- Report any food safety problem to management
- Maintenance and housekeeping
- Quality assurance
- Communication skills
- All other duties as assigned
- Ability to lift 50 to 70 lbs.
- Ability to drive a forklift
- Computer use and ability to utilize data and information
- Ability to work in a light dust environment
- Communication skills verbally, reading and writing
- Able to perform simple mathematical equations
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to bend, stretch, twist or reach with your body, arms and legs
- Ability to safely lift objects and product, up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to listen and understand instructions and information
- Ability to read, write, and perform mathematical equations
- Ability to read, write and understand complex data
- Ability to communicate and give direction in a team environment
- Ability to interpret complex information and explain its meaning
- Ability to drive a forklift and understand safety direction and give instructions
- Ability to handle a light dust environment and higher than average noise levels