Operations Manager (New Richmond, WI)
The Operations Manager is expected to meet the qualifications as outlined below. This position is a vital part to the overall success of our organization as a manufacture of animal feed and nutrition products and services.
You will be proud to work for a company with a strong family history in the animal feed industry and opportunities to grow personally and professionally. We are a company committed to family values, integrity, and innovation. The objective of this position is to direct and manage all plant operations with overall responsibilities for safety, production, maintenance, quality, and other production-related activities.
In this role, you should be prepared to work in a fast paced, team centered environment that will challenge you and allow you to use your experience and expertise to develop the company and enhance your continued growth within the animal feed and nutrition industry.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize, direct, and run day-to-day operations to optimize use of resources.
- Be responsible to look for production efficiencies.
- Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time delivery to meet customer expectations.
- Be responsible for regulatory compliance including but not limited to FDA, OSHA, EPA and various state and local agencies.
- Communicate with company leadership all pertinent information that will assist in the overall operations of the company.
- Execute strategies and implement key initiatives with a clear sense of direction and focus.
- Recruit, manage and develop plant and office staff.
- Build, maintain, and support a Safe Work environment.
- Be responsible to oversee ingredient delivery to the plant to ensure order fulfillment and efficiency.
- Provide leadership and training to accomplish company goals and objectives.
- Manage special projects related to production including plant improvements and additions.
- Responsible to oversee delivery operations New Richmond, including maintenance of equipment.
- Additional projects required or directed by the VP of Operations.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years’ feed industry experience
- Experience in a Collective Bargaining Environment.
- Experience in logistics and transportation
- Experience with customer complaint resolution
- Experience with livestock and animal agriculture
- Mechanical skills desired
- Working knowledge of supply chain and inventory management
- Bachelor’s Degree or 5 years’ feed industry experience.
- 5 or more years of previous supervisory experience in a feed manufacturing environment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of FSMA requirements
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team of employees.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Strong team building, decision making and people management skills.
- Analysis of risk management with strong decision-making abilities
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and legs
- Ability to safely lift objects and product, up to 25 – 50 lbs.
- Ability to listen and understand instructions and information
- Ability to read, write, and perform mathematical equations
- Ability to read, write and understand complex data
- Ability to communicate and give direction in a team environment
- Ability to interpret complex information and explain its meaning
- Ability to drive a forklift and understand safety direction and give instructions
- Ability to handle a light dust environment and higher than average noise levels