Maintenance (New Richmond, WI)
The Maintenance position is expected to meet the qualifications as outlined below. This position is a vital part to the overall success of our organization as a manufacture of animal feed and nutrition products and services. This role is expected to support the company in our mission of “Feeding the World through Professionalism, Quality Products and Innovative Solutions”.
You will be proud to work for a company with a strong family history in the animal feed industry and opportunities to grow personally and professionally. We are a company committed to family values, integrity, and innovation. The Maintenance position is responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining and repairing facility equipment while maintaining a safe work environment and adhering to Form-A-Feed’s policies and procedures.
In this role you should be prepared to work in a fast paced, team centered environment, the will challenge you and allow you to use your experience and expertise to develop the company and enhance your continued growth within the animal feed and nutrition industry.
This position reports to the Production Supervisor.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all required preventative maintenance described in the maintenance program
- Document all maintenance work performed
- Troubleshoot maintenance problems to identify issues and necessary repairs.
- Complete assigned maintenance service requests.
- Inform the Production Supervisor of parts and supplies to be ordered to maintain all equipment.
- Properly operate, maintain, and store all maintenance equipment and tools.
- Organize and maintain critical parts inventory
- Point of contact for after hours’ calls and emergencies.
- Back-up Production Worker duties as needed.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures per FDA and Department of Agriculture regulations.
- Report any food safety problems to management.
- Perform other related duties as directed.
- Possess skill and ability to operate a wide variety of hand and power tools safely and efficiently.
- Fork-lift operation required.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional organization and tracking skills.
- Basic welding and fabrication knowledge
- Ability to gather information, analyze it, seek input and make sound decisions.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- High attention to details.
- Ability to lift 50 to 70 lbs.
- Computer use and ability to utilize data and information
- Ability to work in a light dust environment
- Communication skills verbally, reading and writing
- Able to perform simple mathematical equations
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to bend, stretch, twist or reach with your body, arms and legs
- Ability to safely lift objects and product, up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work at heights and in confined spaces
- Ability to listen and understand instructions and information
- Ability to read, write, and perform mathematical equations
- Ability to read, write and understand complex data
- Ability to communicate and give direction in a team environment
- Ability to interpret complex information and explain its meaning
- Ability to drive a forklift and understand safety direction and give instructions
- Ability to handle a light dust environment and higher than average noise levels