Swine Feeding Projections – November 27, 2017
Changes over the past two weeks:
- Open-market purchase prices were up sharply for both weaned and feeder pigs (+$9.09 and +$8.80 per head, respectively)
- Predicted lean hog values were stronger for both April/May and March/April marketings (+$2.45 and +$1.09/cwt, respectively).
- Feed costs +$0.60-0.70 per head: corn +$0.01/bushel, SBM +$6.25/ton, DDGS +$4.25/ton, lysine +$0.34/cwt, and fat -$0.25/cwt.
- The open-market weaned pig profit outlook dropped significantly (-$5.00/head) with profits from $4.40-7.40 per head.
- Feeder pig profitability took another major step backward (-$7.50/head), and have fallen into the red (-$0.50-2.00/head loss).