Swine Feeding Projections – November 6, 2017
Changes week over week:
• Open-market purchase prices were stronger for both weaned and feeder pigs (+$4.18 and +$3.52 per head, respectively)
• Predicted lean hog values were up modestly for April/May (+$2.26/cwt), but softer for February/March marketings (-$1.20/cwt).
• Feed costs +$0.40 per head: corn +$0.01/bushel, SBM +$0.50/ton, DDGS +$2.25/ton, lysine +$1.08/cwt, and fat +$0.14/cwt.
• The open-market weaned pig profit outlook held steady with profits from $11-14 per head.
• Feeder pig profitability took a big step backward (-$6.50-6.75), but remains well in the black ($9.50-11.00 profit per head).