Swine Feeding Projections – November 13, 2017
Changes week over week:
- Open-market purchase prices were up slightly for both weaned and feeder pigs (+$0.69 and +$1.34 per head, respectively)
- Predicted lean hog values were softer for both April/May and February/March marketings (-$0.51 and -$1.40/cwt, respectively).
- Feed costs -$0.40-0.50 per head: corn -$0.07/bushel, SBM +$1.00/ton, DDGS +$1.25/ton, lysine unchanged, and fat -$0.12/cwt.
- The open-market weaned pig profit outlook dropped slightly (-$1.35/head) with profits from $10.00-12.50 per head.
- Feeder pig profitability took another significant step backward (-$4.00/head), but remains in the black ($5.50-7.00 profit per head).