Swine Feeding Projections – March 5, 2018
Changes week over week:
- Open-market purchase prices were down moderately for weaned pigs (-$5.75/head) while feeder pig prices continued upward (+$2.67/head).
- Predicted lean hog values were down modestly for both August and June/July marketings (-$2.46 and -$1.93/cwt, respectively).
- Feed costs +$0.30-0.40 per head: corn +$0.01/bushel, SBM +$9.00/ton, DDGS +$0.75/ton, lysine -$1.00, and fat +$0.04/cwt.
- Contrasting market movements left open-market weaned pig profits virtually unchanged.
- Negative movements stacked against open-market feeder pig profits and pushed them deeper into the red.