New Richmond Production Support Supervisor
The Production Support Supervisor is expected to meet the qualifications as outlined below. This position is vital to the overall success of our organization as a manufacture of Animal Feed and Nutrition Products, specifically in the production and manufacturing of product lines. This role comes with high expectations and is required to lead and support the company in its mission to serve the livestock production industry through innovative solutions, professional services and customer focus. In this position, you are expected to ultimately work under the guidance and supervision of the New Richmond Operations Manager. In addition, you will work in cooperation with existing staff and support personnel that support and enhance your role as support management.
This position reports to the New Richmond Operations Manager
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize, direct day-to-day operations and schedule production to optimize use of resources.
- Be responsible to look for production efficiencies
- Be responsible for product quality and on-time delivery to meet customer expectations.
- Be responsible for regulatory compliance including but not limited to FDA, OSHA, EPA and various state and local agencies
- Communicate with New Richmond Operations Manager, all pertinent information that will assist in the overall operations of the company
- Execute strategies and implement key initiatives with a clear sense of direction and focus.
- Maintain and support a Safe Work environment.
- Provide leadership and training to accomplish company goals and objectives.
- Manage special projects related to production including plant improvements and additions
- Additional projects required or directed by the Operations Manager
- 3 years’ feed industry experience.
- 2 or more years of previous supervisory experience in a feed manufacturing environment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team of employees.
- High school graduate with demonstrated experience in supervisory functions
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficient computer skills.
- Mechanical skills
- Strong team building, decision making and people management skills.
- Experience in a Collective Bargaining Environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- 5 years of Feed Industry and Supervisory Experience
- Experience with customer complaint resolution
- Experience with livestock and animal agriculture
- Working knowledge of supply chain and inventory management
- Experience with HACCP
- PCQI Certification
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to bend, stretch, twist and/or reach with your arms and legs
- Ability to safely lift objects and/or products, up to 25-50 lbs.
- Ability to listen and understand instructions and information and communicating the same
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical equations
- Ability to understand complex data, formulations and information
- Ability to interpret complex information and explain it’s meaning to others
- Ability to understand business critical information and negotiate purchasing and pricing opportunities
- Ability to stay strong under pressure, evaluating large amounts of data
- Ability to think rationally and portray sound judgment